Pelvic Floor Health Tune-Up
HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED:
- Urinary incontinence?
- Leaking when you laugh or sneeze?
- Discomfort or pain during sexual relations?
- Organ prolapses?
- Did you just have a baby or have had babies and wish to care for your pelvic floor muscles?
- Do you endure back or leg pain that you just can’t get relief from no matter how many massages you get?
Come learn more about simple functional training, corrective exercises, therapeutic massage as well as breathing techniques
that will empower you to better understand what you can do to get your pelvic floor back on track!
We will focus on the whole body, not just the hole in the body!
Anatomy & a greater discussion
- Let’s have an open discussion about our lady parts and what is going on down there! We will chat about common dysfunctions and how they affect us.
- We will take a look at the anatomy and functions of our pelvic floor and see how it is part of the greater whole
- What is the research saying about all of this
- I will share info on some daily life habits that we need to ditch and/or embrace. Practicing these modifications will be your assigned homework
- I will offer a list of professionals in the area that may become part of your team in order to reach your ultimate goal of pelvic floor health.
- The wand, the vSculpt, cones, dilators, vaginal weights.... what are all of these and why would anyone use them?
The link to breath and core
- We will look at the link between poor breathing habits and pelvic floor issues. Specific breath techniques will be practiced and will be part of your homework
- As much as the Fitness and Pilates industry tried to do a good job at teaching us good core control…. well…. it missed the mark. I will teach you what is considered a more pelvic floor friendly and actually overall more effective core engagement.
Therapeutic Massage and movement
- To create a responsive, pain-free pelvic floor we must take a whole body approach
- We will do a general postural assessment to see what can be improved
- We will look at functional movements that will help re-set any imbalances in the body that may be the root cause of the pelvic floor issues or are an end result of pelvic floor or pelvic issues. Basically the chicken or the egg thing
- We will practice some mobility, corrective and therapeutic exercises
- I will introduce you to self-massage specific to improving tissue health. NO…. we are not just going to massage down there. You will soon understand that the pelvic floor is just one part of the team. We will take care of the whole body rather than just the hole in the body.
Putting it together for a deeper healing
- We will delve into the concept of mindset and energetics to tap into a deeper layer of healing
- Sex, intimacy, trauma, libido ... lets face it, we all want great orgasms and wonderful intimacy. Great conversations will happen around those important topics!
Reserve your spot today as places are limited to 10 participants maximum per module.
Cost: $150.00 includes HST
The cost includes
- 6 classes, 1.25 hours each
- The option to buy the online Pelvic Floor Tune-up course valued at over $400.00 at a significant rebate during the promotional phase!
September/October 2018 Course
Wednesday evenings 8:15 to 9:00pm
September 12, 19, 26 and October 5, 10, 17
Saturday mornings 10:15 to 11:30
September 8, 15, 22 29 and October 13 & 20
Comfortable active wear is recommended for each class